Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's already 2011?

Wow, 2010 flew by. Since I post photos and info on Facebook, I haven't updated this site in a year. I seem to be behind on everything these days. I didn't mail out Christmas cards for 2010 until January 6, 2011. Since it was Epiphany and the last day of the Christmas season, I justified it to myself.



So here is a review of 2010...

Evan is seven! (Isn't that fun to say!) For his birthday, he had a Scooby-Doo themed party, and we dressed us as the Mystery Inc. gang. Evan is in 2nd grade and is doing various projects for school. For his sea creatures project, he made a blobfish. Yes, it is a really fish, and I included photos of real blobfish on the left and his version on the right. To no one's surprise, his favorite subjects are math and science. His still loves playing video games. Currently he is working with Daddy on making his own game using the Python programming language.





Quinn is a very energetic four year old. For his birthday, he had a Harry Potter themed party. The house was decorated like Hogwarts castle, we made chocolate frogs, and the cake looked like the "Monster Book of Monsters." He even got a Harry Potter wand as a present. He is in a pre-k class. Yellow is his favorite color, and he wants to wear it almost every day. He loves playing with LEGOs which we find all over the house.





Jason turned 40 this past year! We celebrated by having a party with family, friends and his Naughty Dog co-workers. He still loves making video games. His book Game Engine Architecture has sold thousands of copies. He is a published and paid author. I am very proud of him!

I (Trina) am teaching full-time for the Viterbi School of Engineering at USC. I've been teaching programming and web classes. I love it! I recently joined an adult co-ed soccer team, so I can get in better shape and have fun with friends. I'm turning 40 this year.

We love watching the shows MythBusters and Head Rush. Evan decided he wanted to dress up as Jamie Hyneman, so Jason dressed up as Adam Savage. Quinny wanted to be Scooby-Doo (or Scooby-Q), so I dressed up as Velma.


In June, we went to Toronto to visit family and friends. It was a blast! We spend one day at Canada's Wonderland and another day at the Ontario Science Centre where we got to see the Harry Potter Exhibition. It was wonderful to spend time with family and friends. We loved seeing Jeff and Wendy and Juliana, Benjamin, and James. Other than Jason's mum, who won't let us take her picture, the most important person we spend time with was Jason's Uncle Wilf. He passed away right before Christmas at the amazing age of 98!





In November, we had a photo shot with the Provins Family by Tracy's friend Tessa at Grin and Share It Photography. She is amazing!




Wishing you a year filled with love, peace and joy!



Trina, Jason, Evan and Quinn

No comments: